Thursday, January 17, 2013

Jodie Foster’s glorious 'Coming Out' Speech At The 2013 Golden Globes

Judie Foster at The 2013 Golden Globes

As I was watching this acceptance speech by Judie Foster at the 2013 Golden Globes on YouTube, I realized, that she was prepared to bare it all, but in a very glorious and gracious manner.  

The notoriously private Foster stunned the audience of stars and Hollywood biggies as she accepted a life-time achievement award by announcing she was now single. Following her "I'm just gonna put it out there loud and proud" build-up she snatched away the expected "I'm gay!" denouement with, "I am single. Yes I am. I am single."


 
Agreed, she was not courageous enough to accept that she is a gay, but she  made a moving tribute to her "ex-partner in love" and co-parent Cydney Bernard, as later she said, "There is no way I could ever stand here without acknowledging one of the deepest loves of my life, my heroic co-parent, my ex-partner in love but righteous soul sister in life, my confessor, ski buddy, consigliere, most beloved BFF of 20 years, Cydney Bernard. Thank you, Cyd. I am so proud of our modern family." 


Foster said she had always been up front with trusted friends and family about her sexual orientation.
"But now apparently, I'm told that every celebrity is expected to honor the details of their private life with a press conference ... that's just not me," she said.

Judie Foster stunted all the stars and Hollywood biggies  when she said "She is single"

 She ended her speech with the note, "Jodie Foster was here, I still am, and I want to be seen, to be understood deeply and to be not so very lonely. Thank you, all of you, for the company. Here’s to the next 50 years.” 

For me Jodie Foster is one of the most amazing actresses of all time. And after watching the video I can say, she is one the most amazing person in the world.

Join this blog by clicking on the 'Join this site button'. Or submit your email - id on 'Submit e mail' button on the right side of the blog.

You can also share this story with you friends on facebook, twitter an google+ by clicking on the buttons below.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment...